Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Wedding Weekend


Well, I'm still recovering from the fun and craziness that was Mendy's wedding. Yes, it's Tuesday, and I haven't posted in a long time, but hey. I think I only have 2 followers. No pressure. HA!

Just a few notes on the wedding before moving on to my gripe o' the day. Mendy looked radiant, despite the 107-degree Austin day. Yup, you read that correctly. I figure at 7pm it had dropped to around 105. Nobody fainted and Amy (maid of honor) stood still through the wedding with ants crawling on her feet. She gets a huge round of applause from me for that one. The Barr Mansion is lovely, but what made the wedding was the "ballroom" they have behind the mansion. It is timbered, with lovely paper lanterns and bell lanterns hanging from the rafters. White lights crept up all the columns. The wedding flowers mixed the ambiance of Austin-rustic with the elegance of a lovely wedding. Beautiful orange flowers were placed in various aluminum vessels, such as buckets of different shapes and sizes. Some tables had tall wrought-iron candelabras. All the tables had a covering of burlap bordered with the chocolate brown silk of the wedding party's dresses. It was an attractive, interesting mix. And the cake. Oh, the cake. yum.

So, gripe o' the day. My skin looks dirty. That #@%$ spray tan. My clients will think I cannot reach my toes to wash properly. Since my feet were entirely orange, any lessening of the intensity has created a mottled discoloration. ew. And lets not even talk about the area that was rubbed by my lingerie. Serious leprosy. So. The $7 Olay Touch-of-Sun gradual self-tanning cream was working out wonderfully for me, and I think I'll just stick to it the rest of the summer. Better to be white than orange. Maybe my husband can stop calling me Daffy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment