Friday, June 19, 2009

TGIF

Today is a good day. Partly because we all slept ALL night, which hasn't happened since last Saturday, but also because I have my girl back. Her virus is mainly gone and her spunk and giggles have returned. I was once again reminded how emotionally wearing it is when your little ones are sick. Not just with a cold, but really, really sick so they only want to sleep and cannot even smile. It must be the worst thing in the world to have a permanently sick child. I know every day that it continued I went deeper and deeper into depression, until by Wednesday I was just spent. My heart just goes out to all the parents dealing with that.

So, we are rested, Gilly is better, Sara and Larry are coming for the weekend (to stay with Jeff) and we'll have a nice Fathers Day weekend. and I am very grateful for the blessings of health and family.

I am also getting very excited about Mendy's upcoming wedding! My minor preparations are taken care of. Shoes - check. Dress - tomorrow. Tanning appointment - check. Mendy's dress is hanging in her guest room and it's beautiful. She will be a lovely, graceful bride. On a selfish note we are so excited to have an adult only getaway (Mom and Dad are keeping G&G), but also I am so excited that this wonderful friend has found someone who makes her happy! That was long overdue. Just goes to show that good things come to those who wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment