Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Best Brownies Ever


I made brownies yesterday for Marshall (with Andes Mint chips inside, his favorite), but since I was down to one stick of butter I couldn't make my favorite recipe, the one below. Instead I used a recipe that calls for oil. They are ok. But they are nothing like THESE. These are stand over the pan with a fork good, don't stop eating until you're sick then come back for one more bite good. It's gotta be the butter, or the extra vanilla. These have a perfect crunchy crust on top, and a thick fudgey center which is positively criminal. I have made these for years to rave reviews. Don't be fooled by the mundane ingredient list, they're really, really special. and addictive.

Hershey's Deep Dish Brownies
(thanks to www.hersheyskitchens.com)

1-1/2 sticks butter, melted
1-1/2 cups sugar
1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract (use the real kind!)
3 eggs
1/2 cup Hershey's Cocoa
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Heat oven to 350-deg. Grease 8" square pan. Combine butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Add eggs, beat well with spoon. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Spread batter evenly into pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes.

Often I add chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, toffee bits, Andes Mint pieces, etc. Although plain is still my favorite, these additions are fun to play with.



No comments:

Post a Comment